GERINOTES 2019 CE ONLINE EXAM
GeriNotes - 2019 CE Online Exam
After the Fall: Consequences and Psychosocial Determinants when an Older Person Falls
DETAILS HERE 2019 ONLINE EXAM
- Looking Beyond the Episode
- Movement Perspective
- Cardiopulmonary Considerations
- Concussive Syndrome
- Fear of Falling
- Home Modifications
- View the GN1119 Article
- Cathy Ciolek, PT, DPT, FAPTA
- Lise McCarthy, PT, DPT
- Jean D. Miles, PT, DPT
- Kenneth L Miller, PT, DPT
- Leslie D. Ayres, PT, DPT
- Julie Sigler, PT, DPT
- Tamara Gravano, PT, DPT, EdD
- Jill Heitzman, PT, DPT, PhD
- Meri Goehring, PT, PhD
- References can be found at the end of each chapter in the module.
- Explain the investigation process for fall determination.
- Discuss falls from a movement systems vs event perspective.
- Address and discuss cardiopulmonary ramifications of fall effects on individuals with/without known cardiac disease.
- Discuss signs and symptoms of TBI/concussion in older people and physical therapy assessments.
- Understand the determinants of balance confidence with respect to fall events.
- Discuss methods for determining home modifications appropriate to prevent falls.
- Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants.
CONTACT HOURS/CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS
- Completion of this CE Module is equivalent to 4 contact hours (0.4 CEU units).
CONTINUING EDUCATION CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
- A Continuing Education certificate will be provided to each participant after successful completion of the course requirements (post-test and module evaluation) and payment of a processing fee. The APTA Geriatrics is a recognized component of the American Physical Therapy Association. The APTA Geriatrics has not applied to any state licensure agency for prior approval of this course. The module has all the components (content, objectives, qualified instructors, reference lists, and post-test) that will allow participants to submit the certificate of completion to meet CE requirements in some states. Participants are urged to check with their state licensure board to see if this course counts towards continuing education credit.
HOW TO OBTAIN CEUs
- To obtain CEUs for this continuing education unit, participants must complete this ONLINE EXAM AND the ONLINE evaluation form.
- A processing fee of $40.00 for APTA Geriatrics members and $80.00 for non-members is required for all physical therapist and non-member Physical Therapist Assistants. The processing fee is WAIVED for all Physical Therapist Assistant APTA Geriatrics Members. Congratulations on 50 years and many thanks for all that you do for older adults and the profession!
- Test and evaluations forms must be completed online no later than December 31, 2023. Upon submission of materials and a passing score of 80% or higher on the post-test, the APTA Geriatrics will email you a continuing education certificate for 0.4 CEUs. Those with incomplete submissions will be notified via email and given the opportunity to re-take the exam.
- There is only ONE correct answer for each question. NOTE: This is to be performed ONLINE ONLY.