APTA Geriatrics takes pride assisting in the development of young professionals interested in advancing their careers through working with ageing adults. To foster the growth of Geriatric Physical Therapy Specialty Practice, APTA Geriatrics offers scholarships to physical therapists in a geriatric clinical residency or fellowship programs.
The following are the 2021 recipients of the Clinical Residency or Fellowship Scholarship:
- Brianneth Alvarado, PT, DPT
- Lisa Tagariello, PT, DPT who is in the Cincinnati VA Medical Center Physical Therapy Geriatric Residency Program
- Matthew Sahhar, PT, DPT who is in the Mayo Clinic Geriatric Residency Program
- Sarah Hong, PT, DPT who is in the University of Minnesota Geriatric Clinical Residency
- Sarah Talbert, PT, DPT who is in the Cincinnati VA Medical Center Physical Therapy Geriatrics Residency Program
- Taylor Barnett, PT, DPT who attends Creighton University and is in the School of Pharmacy and Health Professions