GERIATRIC CERTIFICATE COURSES
Balance and Fall Prevention Host Site Hosts
Do you have what it takes to be a Balance and Fall Prevention Host Site?
Thank you for your interest in hosting the Balance and Fall Prevention in Community Dwelling Older Adults: An APTA Geriatrics Course Series. The Balance and Fall Prevention credential series is particularly exciting, and all of the information in the courses can be applied immediately in the clinic, thus the great draw for clinicians!
Since we cover standardized tests and various balance examination and intervention strategies, there are some specific requirements that a site must meet in order to host this course series. Please see the list below of specific equipment needed. Please request a sample facility contract for further details regarding specific requirements. Here is a short synopsis of site space and equipment needs:
We expect an audience of anywhere from 40-60 people. Faculty arrive Friday afternoon to set up & to conduct skills testing. The general space and equipment needs include:
- A lecture hall, classroom, or lecture space for 40-60 participants.
- An LCD projector, with audio/video viewing capabilities, tables, chairs, etc.
- A minimum of 2 indoor straight walkways of 40-50’ x 8’ in size
- Lab/open spaces near the lecture space. Labs are interspersed throughout the course. In order to limit time wasted traveling between lecture and lab locations, the closer these breakout areas are, the better. Spaces should accommodate 6 stations/rooms/areas for labs/breakouts to accommodate 10 people in a 20’x10’ area.
- Small group discussion areas with tables/seating (allow 6 per table – can be lab or lecture area).
- Course 2 will require plinths or tables that people can safely lay on during lab (20 minimum). Floor mats will not suffice.
- Other requested equipment:
Chairs with & without armrests (6 of each if possible)
- Cuff weights
- Medicine balls
- BAPS or rocker boards
- Step stools, 6 inches
- Mini-tramp (if possible)
- Treadmill (if possible)
If you are interested in having your facility host a Balance and Fall Prevention credential series, please contact us. One of our staff will connect with you upon receipt.