GERINOTES 2022 CE ONLINE EXAM
Changing Attitudes: Enhancing Engagement (in Ageing)
The test and evaluation forms must be completed online no later than Dec 31, 2025 11:59 ET.
A Continuing Education Module for the APTA Geriatrics
- Introduction to the Focus Issue
- It Begins with Us
- Engaging those with Cognitive Impairments
- Taking the Fall? Enhancing Quality of Life in Long-term Care
- Everyone Ages: Autism in Older Adults
- Advocating for Access across all Living Situations
- From Sickness to Fitness
- The Pillars of Intentional Ageing
- Special Perspective: What I Wish I had known
- Lise McCarthy, PT, DPT
- Jill Heitzman ,PT, DPT, PhD
- Mariea Snell, DNP, MSN, FNP-C, FAANP
- Christine Childers, PT, PhD
- Jennifer Gindoff, PT, DPT, DHSc
- Heidi Moyer, PT, DPT
- Debra Barrett, PT
- David W.M. Taylor, PT, DPT
- William H. Staples, PT, DPT, DHSc, FAPTA
- Alex Germano, PT, DPT
- Julie Brauer, PT, DPT
- Samantha Chamberlain, PT, DPT
- Jeff Musgrave, PT, DPT
- Matthew Sahhar, PT, DPT
- Kimberlyn Thomas, PT, DPT
A very special thank you to William Staples PT, DPT, DHSc, FAPTA for editing and vetting all the questions and answers.
- References can be found at the end of each chapter in the module.
- Discuss the ways in which physical therapists and physical therapist assistants can impact rehabilitation outcomes by recognizing their own ageist beliefs
- Understand and demonstrate exercise science principles when working with people with cognitive and related disorders
- Address and discuss preventive measures to avoid professional burnout when working with older adults
- Explain disparities of the health care system and learn ways to advocate for equitable access
- Understand the complexity of focus on falls as an outcome measure
- Discuss the premise of Pillars of Ageing
- Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants
Contact Hours/Continuing Education Units
- Completion of this CE Module is equivalent to 4 contact hours (0.4 CEU units).
Continuing Education Certificate of Completion
- A Continuing Education certificate will be provided to each participant after successful completion of the course requirements (post-test and module evaluation) and payment of a processing fee. APTA Geriatrics is a recognized component of the American Physical Therapy Association. The Academy has not applied to any state licensure agency for prior approval of this course. The module has all the components (content, objectives, qualified instructors, reference lists, and post-test) that will allow participants to submit the certificate of completion to meet CE requirements in some states. Participants are urged to check with their state licensure board to see if this course counts towards continuing education credit.
How to Obtain CEUs
- To obtain CEUs for this unit, participants must complete the ONLINE post-test AND the ONLINE evaluation form. Go to geriatricspt.org/exams.
- A processing fee of $40 for Academy of Geriatric Physical Therapy members and $80 for non-members is required for all physical therapist and non-member Physical Therapist Assistants. The processing fee is WAIVED for all Physical Therapist Assistant Academy Members – Congratulations on 50+ years and many thanks for all that you do for older adults and the profession!
- Test and evaluations forms must be completed online no later than December 31, 2025. Upon submission of materials and a passing score of 80% or higher on the post-test, the Academy will email you a continuing education certificate for 0.4 CEUs. Those with incomplete submissions will be notified via email and given the opportunity to re-take the exam.
There is only ONE correct answer for each question. The exam may be retaken for a total of 3 attempts; 210 minutes (with pausing allowed) is allotted for each attempt. NOTE: This is to be performed online only at geriatricspt.org/exams