GERINOTES 2021 CE ONLINE EXAM
GeriNotes - 2021 CE Online Exam
Ageing in the Time of COVID:
COVID-19 Impact on Physical Therapy Practice
DETAILS HERE 2021 ONLINE EXAM
- Introduction to COVID-19 Impact on Physical Therapy Practice
- COVID-19 Amplifies Disparities in Health Care for Elderly and Low-Income Populations
- Policy Talk: Economic Impacts of the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- Identifying and Managing Post-Intensive Care Syndrome in Older Adults
- COVID-19: What is the Impact on the Brain and Neurological System?
- Nutritional Concerns in Post-Acute Care Recovery of Older Adults
- Person of Person-Centered Care: Addressing Physical Activity/Exercise Participation through Psychosocial Factors and Messaging
- Jill Heitzman, PT, DPT, PhD
- Michele Stanley, PT, DPT
- Pradip Ghosh, PT, PhD, DMS
- Jennifer M Bottomley, PT, MS, PhD
- Ellen Strunk, PT, MS
- Hallie Zeleznik, PT, DPT
- Ellen M Smith, RN, PhD, MPH
- Kenneth L Miller, PT, DPT
- Alecia Thiele, PT, DPT ATC/LAT, MSEd
- Alan Chong W Lee, PT, DPT, PhD
- Patricia J Ohtake, PT, PhD
- Pradip Ghosh, PT, PhD, DMS
- Harold Merriman, PT, PhD
- Jacob T Mey, RD, PhD
- Susan Wenker, PT, PhD
- Jeanne Duncan, PT, DPT
- A very special thank you to William Staples PT, DPT, DHSc, FAPTA for editing and vetting all the questions and answers.
- References can be found at the end of each chapter in the module.
- Discuss SARS-CoV-19 virus origin, transmission, and neurologic effects.
- Explain disparities of the healthcare system as amplified by COVID-19.
- Understand and discuss economic costs of the pandemic on physical therapy practice.
- Address importance of nutrition as a consideration during post-acute physical therapy plans of care.
- Address and discuss intensive care processes, long-term survivor effects, and considerations for effective physical therapy treatment.
- Demonstrate interviewing techniques to address person-centered care post illness.
- Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants
- Contact Hours/Continuing Education Units
- Completion of this CE Module is equivalent to 4 contact hours (0.4 CEU units).
Continuing Education Certificate of Completion
- A Continuing Education certificate will be provided to each participant after successful completion of the course requirements (post-test and module evaluation) and payment of a processing fee. APTA Geriatrics is a recognized component of the American Physical Therapy Association. The Academy has not applied to any state licensure agency for prior approval of this course. The module has all the components (content, objectives, qualified instructors, reference lists, and post-test) that will allow participants to submit the certificate of completion to meet CE requirements in some states. Participants are urged to check with their state licensure board to see if this course counts towards continuing education credit.
How to Obtain CEUs
- To obtain CEUs for this unit, participants must complete the ONLINE post-test AND the ONLINE evaluation form.
- A processing fee of $40 for Academy of Geriatric Physical Therapy members and $80 for non-members is required for all physical therapist and non-member Physical Therapist Assistants. The processing fee is WAIVED for all Physical Therapist Assistant Academy Members – Congratulations on 50+ years and many thanks for all that you do for older adults and the profession!
- Test and evaluations forms must be completed online no later than December 31, 2024. Upon submission of materials and a passing score of 80% or higher on the post-test, the Academy will email you a continuing education certificate for 0.4 CEUs. Those with incomplete submissions will be notified via email and given the opportunity to re-take the exam.
- There is only ONE correct answer for each question. NOTE: This is to be performed online only.