GERINOTES 2020 CE ONLINE EXAM
GeriNotes - 2020 CE Online Exam
Intentional Aging in the Age of COVID
DETAILS HERE 2020 ONLINE EXAM
- Introduction to Intentional Aging as a Concept
- Demographics and Social Determinants of Aging
- Movement Systems Perspective of Growing Older
- Mitigating Frailty: Opportunities Abound
- Considerations for Motivating Purposeful Aging
- Beyond the Sit to Stand : Interventions for Intentional Aging
- Intentional Aging: Personal Perspective
- Dale Avers PT, DPT, FAPTA
- Jill Heitzman PT, DPT, PhD
- Olaide Oluwole-Sangoseni PT, PhD
- Myles Quibben PT, DPT, PhD
- Carole Lewis PT, PhD, FAPTA
- Linda McAllister PT, DPT
- Patrice Anthony PT
- J. Kele Murdin PT, MPT
- Alisa Curry PT, DPT
- A very special thank you to William Staples PT, DHSc, DPT for editing and vetting all the questions and answers.
- References can be found at the end of each chapter in the module.
- Explain the concept of intentional aging.
- Discuss changes found in older persons from a movement systems perspective.
- Address and discuss frailty and possible interventions.
- Discuss use of the Sit to Stand test.
- Understand and discuss motivations and personal perspectives.
- Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants.
CONTACT HOURS/CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS
- Completion of this CE Module is equivalent to 4 contact hours (0.4 CEU units).
CONTINUING EDUCATION CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
- A Continuing Education certificate will be provided to each participant after successful completion of the course requirements (post-test and module evaluation) and payment of a processing fee. APTA Geriatrics is a recognized component of the American Physical Therapy Association. The Academy has not applied to any state licensure agency for prior approval of this course. The module has all the components (content, objectives, qualified instructors, reference lists, and post-test) that will allow participants to submit the certificate of completion to meet CE requirements in some states. Participants are urged to check with their state licensure board to see if this course counts towards continuing education credit.
HOW TO OBTAIN CEUs
- To obtain CEUs for this continuing education unit, participants must complete this ONLINE EXAM AND the ONLINE evaluation form.
- A processing fee of $40 for Academy of Geriatric Physical Therapy members and $80 for non-members is required for all physical therapist and non-member Physical Therapist Assistants. The processing fee is WAIVED for all Physical Therapist Assistant Academy Members – Congratulations on 50 years and many thanks for all that you do for older adults and the profession!
- Test and evaluations forms must be completed online no later than December 31, 2024. Upon submission of materials and a passing score of 80% or higher on the post-test, the Academy will email you a continuing education certificate for 0.4 CEUs. Those with incomplete submissions will be notified via email and given the opportunity to re-take the exam.
- There is only ONE correct answer for each question. NOTE: This is to be performed ONLINE ONLY.